The annual CSDF Seminar will take place online from September 30 – October 3. The theme is Reconciliation: Making the Calls to Action a Reality. OSDU is calling for application to complete it’s delegation for the event. You have the option to enter in the English, Bilingual or French division. Please note this is a non-competitive event, so if you have regularly attended higher level debate events, then this is not for you. There is a strict limit of one student per school in the English category. OSDU will pay your registration fee. If you are interested, you must complete and return the attached form by June 5.
It is that time of year again, and OSDU is looking to select our delegates to attend the 2021-2022 Team Canada National Tryout.
Please see below for information regarding the tryout and selection process:
• Please find attached the OSDU Delegate Application Form
• February 20th: Interested students must submit the attached form to me by 5:00 pm
• February 26th: Successful candidates will be notified
• March 1st: OSDU will submit the names of our delegates to the National Committee to be included in the next phase of tryouts
• March 5th: Students who were not successful in this process may complete an alternate application and submit to the National Team – this form will be provided to eligible students if interested
At this time, interested students must complete the attached application form and we will select our Provincial representatives. Please note, success in this application does not guarantee you a spot on team Canada, you must attend the National Tryout (to be held online in May, 2021) to be further considered.
Thanks to all schools for your participation in events this term. We were very pleased with the way the online format worked, and participation remained very high, and we were delighted that many new schools joined debate. Events will of course continue online for the remainder of the school year.
We wanted to draw your attention to some events for OSDU members, all of which have been posted on the OSDU Calendar of Events:
• The Senior Provincial Championships will take place Fri. Feb. 26 – Sun. Feb. 28. Qualification takes place through your regional qualifier only; some of which have taken place whereas others are in the new year. Information will be sent out only to teams who have qualified. The tournament invitation is now available on the calendar page.
• The Junior Provincial Championships has been moved a bit later to Saturday, March 27. This event is open to all OSDU members ONLY. The tournament invitation is now posted on the calendar page.
• to follow-up on some events that were hosted in the Fall, there will be two additional tournaments; one junior and one senior, which are meant for students who have not had a number of other opportunities this year. They will be held again in a one day format – 2 prepared rounds – 4 rounds total. The junior event will be on Saturday, January 23, and the senior event two weeks later on Saturday, February 6.
As a reminder, all events being organized by OSDU will have no registration fee.